Education in Visalia: Quality and Diversity
Visalia Unified School District includes 39 campuses, including a comprehensive program for developmentally disabled children.
The Linked Learning programs at the four high schools include academies focused on engineering; business; health sciences; law and justice; media arts and more.
- 94.7% of Visalia students graduate, exceeding the state rate.
- 77.4% of VUSD graduates enrolled in college.
Visalia is home to the main campus of College of the Sequoias. COS offers general education courses for students planning to transfer to a four-year university as well as vocational, certificate-based programs, and a full RN degree.
- Fresno Pacific University. The Visalia center supports accelerated bachelor’s degree completion programs, master’s degrees and credentials.
- Brandman University. The Visalia campus offers undergraduate and graduate programs in arts and sciences, business and professional studies and education.
- University of Phoenix. Programs include business administration, nursing information systems, management and accounting and organizational management.
San Joaquin Valley College. Programs include business administration, human resource administration, computer systems administration, HVAC and refrigeration technology, and industrial maintenance technology.